Saturday, May 02, 2009

Coming Around

So...I guess you've heard the news. Big things are brewing here. And by here, I mean in my belly. I think the initial shock has mostly worn off. I should have blogged about it earlier, but honestly, I've been busy sleeping. It took a two hour nap this afternoon to give me the strength to sit upright long enough to formulate this post right now.

While I'm starting to actually feel like it might be real that I am in fact PREGNANT, there is still some strange disconnect that can't really grasp the fact that I'm going to have a baby. I mean, me? A Mom? Carrying around a real BABY that I'm totally responsible for? There's just something weird about that concept! I'm reading all of the pregnancy books, but parenting books still seem SO foreign. They say I'll come around when I start feeling the baby moving and such. I hope so!

I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said...Oh Lori! I've been waiting and praying for this blog for so long and now I'm really reading it. Yes you told me but I needed to see it on the blog. Thanks a bunch. Yes things will be different for you and Clay both but you will both make wonderful parents. I am so happy for you and the little one too. Like Cooper and Collin it will be a very fortunate little one. Much loved and pampered. When you get tired of it sneak around Mim and Pop and bring it to me. I will be glad to spoil it for you while you rest. Hugs to all.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Don't worry ... I KNOW you're going to be a fabulous mommy! And Clay is just too cute when he talks about this baby. I think he's going to really take to this daddy business. And, of course, Pop and I can't WAIT to have another precious bundle around. We'll gladly babysit while you sleep ... after a few more months. ;)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

aww that's such great news! congratulations!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home