Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I've Got the POWER!!!

Sorry to have kept you all in suspense. But we got our power back! I've been so busy celebrating that I didn't have time to blog about it. The power came back on sometime during the Super Bowl, and we moved back in immediately! We've restocked the fridge, done the laundry, and all is well. Last night Clay stirred up a big pot of taco chili, and we vegetated. Until....Andy called. He had the power, too!! I went and saved him and took him home, then crashed hard in my own bed. Bliss...

So tonight, we went to Chuck and Jude's house to hang out for a while. Chuck and Jude are good friends of ours who Clay has known since perhaps high school. Jude is also a fantabulous hairdresser who takes good care of me and Carrie Beth. Anyway, as a new project this year, I have decided to learn to knit. Mary from work brought me some needles and yarn and attempted to teach me a couple weeks ago, but I've never had time to play around with it. So, I took my knitting attempt to Jude's tonight, and she totally got me going on some knitting. I've already made...well, a trapezoid, I guess. If you stretched your imagination, you could go on a limb and say I've made a Barbie blanket, but Barbie is kind of pretentious, and I doubt she'd even accept such a misshapen blanket. But the point of the story here is that I KNOW HOW TO KNIT, YOU GUYS!!! It's going to take a bit more practice, but I'm totally going to ROCK at it! I hope you all really want a new trapezoid scarf for Christmas next year!

In other news, Clay is leaving me. I hate it when that happens. He has a business trip and will leave tomorrow morning and come back home on Friday afternoon. I do love it when he comes back home. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. I'm sure the kitties will protect me in this time of great peril. At least we have electricity to help us make it through!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said: What else do I need to know about you Lori? Knitting is the last thing I would have thought about you taking up. I tried once, Sheila was teaching me. I actually made me a short sleeved sweater. Did I ever wear it? Noooo. That ended my Knitting experience but thank goodness you are more persevering than I. I know you will do as good with that as your other hand work. I know you will miss Clay and maybe even appreciate the kittys more. Glad you are home and got Andy rescued. Have a good week and tell your sweetie to be sure and miss you and hurry home.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home