Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lovely Weekend of Love

I love weekends. In and of themselves, they are just lovely. But this one, well, it exceeded all of that!

We'll first skip right over Friday, as it happened to be Friday the Thirteenth. I'm not superstitious, but it was kind of rotten. Clay is probably going to have scars to prove it. He got into a fight with the desk, and I'm really not sure who won. Injuries on both sides.

But since we're skipping Friday, I'm going to talk about Saturday. Valentine's day. I love V-day. Even when I was single, I loved V-day. The hearts and friends and cupcakes with sprinkles and cute little cards and hugs and such. What's not to love? But this Saturday was even better! Clay and I slept in, then we woke up and decided that was dumb, so we slept in some MORE. We FINALLY rolled out of bed and decided we needed food. We had a lovely Irish brunch together, then Clay decided he needed to go shopping. I kind of had a fun date afternoon in mind, but Clay seemed to think he needed new pants for our Valentine date that night. Do you know Clay? Clay doesn't wear slacks. And he's willingly requesting that we buy him a pair of slacks? I absolutely abandoned my plan of date day, and we went date shopping. We got Clay some snazzy date night pants, and also found him a DRESS shirt. As in, a real shirt with three numbers instead of just letters for sizing! WOW! Spiffy, indeed. At this point, I realized he must REALLY have something good in line for date night! All he would tell me was that we had dinner reservations at 7:00, but I needed to be ready at 5:30. Oh my...an out of town dinner date??? I obviously needed something to wear, too!! One can't go on such a spiffy date in her old clothes! We did a bit more shopping for me, then rushed home and spiffed up for our spiffy date, still having no idea where I would be taken. We headed toward Lexington, but stopped just short. Clay took me to the BEAUTIFUL and FAYNCY Holly Hill Inn. This is a big mansion that they've made into a nice restaurant in "historic Midway, Kentucky". They gave us menus, but our choices were merely meat or vegetarian. Bring on the meat! This was a NINE course Aphrodesiac dinner! A full explanation can be found on their website, but basically every course included foods that are/were considered "amorous" at some point in history. The menu had a really neat write-up about the reasons each food was used. It took us about two hours, but we rocked all nine courses. I even ate CAVIAR, you guys. I've never had caviar before, but I'm sticking to my vow of trying ANYthing once. I have yet to regret that! Can I just say that this dinner ended with THREE courses of dessert? THREE!!! AND...they sent us home with a bag with two iced sugar cookies. Clay has spoiled me greatly all along the way, but this was really over the top. We left there painfully stuffed, yet already reminiscing about each course. We slept like ROCKS after all that.

Today we did some housework, then spent some time with our other Valentines--Cooper and Collin! We got the privilege of babysitting while Andy took Carrie Beth out for her Birthday. Happy Birthday, CB! Cooper and Collin both slept from 1:00pm until almost 4:30!!! Those stinkers were wasting good Wii time! They finally woke up and we got some great play time in. Cooper rocks at Mario Kart, and Collin was just thrilled to play and play. He was all over the place, but never got into any trouble at all. Those boys are really growing up fast!!!

Clay and I are now home, snugged up and ready to face another week. I love how a good weekend can totally refresh and re-energize me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said... WOW!! what a Valentine. No wonder you love that man. I read every menue and if that doesn't get results I don't believe anything will. It all sounded sooo wonderful and sexy. I was hoping for a picture of you and Clay all dressed up in your spiffy party clothes. Oh well just getting to share the date was good enough for this time. I got red roses and made a nice dinner for Papa. I understand why we couldn't get CB today now. She and Andy were on a date too. Good for all of you. Keep the romance in your marriage and it will last 60 yrs. I know. I'm sure you enjoyed the boys. They really are growing fast. Thanks so much for sharing with us. This one was worth waiting for. Love to you both.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home