Saturday, February 07, 2009

Date night!

Clay made it back into town yesterday afternoon. Since I missed him SO much, he offered to let me pick any place I'd like for dinner. I'm not good at making choices, but we had a gift certificate for Artemisia, a little downtown bistro that we both really like. So we headed downtown and had a really nice candle-lit dinner on their heated enclosed patio area. I was really good and had salmon with veggies, so I figured I needed dessert to compensate for the healthfulness. Rather than staying at Artemisia, I mentioned a little bakery not far from downtown that I'd been wanting to try out. We headed out of the restaurant and realized that it was Trolley Hop night downtown! On the first Friday of each month, all of the downtown stores, restaurants, and art galleries stay open late. There is a trolley that people can ride up and down as they amble among the city's gems. After such a big dinner, and on such a warm and nice night out, we decided to do a bit of hopping ourselves. We really enjoyed ambling along Market Street and doing a bit of shopping. After all of that, I was certainly ready for dessert! We hopped back in the car and went to Sweet Surrender for some cake. It was a delicious and decadent evening with great food, stolen kisses, and a new appreciation for a husband who had been gone for a few days. A great start to a great weekend!!

Today, we're headed to see a movie, then see where the day takes us.

Stay tuned for possible upcoming information about our next vacation!!! We might have found another deal too good to pass up! Hint: Can anyone give Clay some stick shift driving lessons or me some left-side-of-the-street driving lessons?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Poor Clay ... you'll be sending him away more often if you're going to get homecomings like this! I'm glad he's back home.
Wowza! It sounds like you may be headed back to Europe! How exciting. And the planning is "almost" as fun as the traveling. Enjoy!!!!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said: Wow I like your dates. Sounds like soooo much fun. Clay do you have to leave to get a recption like this from her? I would send Papa away for a few days if I thought it would do any good but I'm afraid it wouldn't. I almost envy you Ha. Sounds like more fun brewing, keep us posted.
Love to both and sure glad Clay is back safe. Send him our way sometime and sneak in with him.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said: Wow I like your dates. Sounds like soooo much fun. Clay do you have to leave to get a reception like this from her? I would send Papa away for a few days if I thought it would do any good but I'm afraid it wouldn't. I almost envy you Ha. Sounds like more fun brewing, keep us posted.
Love to both and sure glad Clay is back safe. Send him our way sometime and sneak in with him.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said: Lori how long does your date night last? Have you deserted the knitting for a long date? We miss your newsy blogs.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home