Sunday, February 01, 2009

OVER it.

I'm officially tired of being a refugee. The hotel is great, but doesn't compare to my home. with my bed. Things are making progress here. Trucks are out and about. Trees are getting moved. Power is being restored. These things just take time. I'm CONVINCED we will get power back today, but we had to go on and cancel our Super Bowl party. We cleaned out the fridge and freezer today. Good thing we have Aldi, because we'll need some food when the power comes back. I realize we are FAR FAR more fortunate than most, but since it's my blog, I thought I could still have a little whine.

We had dinner with Andy and Carrie and the boys last night. I really enjoyed getting to hang out with them for a little while. I hardly even got any stink eye from Collin, and Cooper and I certainly had fun fighting over who had the best pizza. I wish there were something I could do for them as they shuffle around from house to house, but everyone is pretty helpless in all of this.

There's no place like home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said: How true on no place like home if the electricity is on. Lots of tree damage here some uprooted in our yard. No power and don't know when there will be any. Could be the end of the week or even 2 to 4 weeks. Have a phone part time and water part time. We are staying warm and plenty to eat. Glad you are getting back home and also got to be with Andy's family. The boys are real little troopers aren't they? Thanks for letting us hear from you. Love to both. Granny
got to go as Papa is about yo turn the generator off on plunge me into the dark again Ha.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home