Thursday, February 19, 2009

I succumbed.

I never do these meme things, but I got sucked in to this one. It was kinda fun. I would love to hear Clay's answers to the same questions. It might get funny!

What are your middle names?
Lori SHAY Cundiff and Clay ALAN Cundiff. I like both very much, and as 98% of you know, I have gotten a lot more use out of my middle name than most people ever do.

How long have you been together?
Holy Guacamole. We have been together THREE years, you guys! Clay is my longest running boyfriend since, like, high school? Our first date was January 31, 2006.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I only knew Clay through forums on the interwebs until that one day that we met at coffee and dinner out with friends. After that day, I guess it was only a few weeks until our first date. And after that first date, we were pretty much “Dating” with a capital D.

Who asked whom out?

This one was somewhat of a group effort. I kind of threw out the gauntlet, but through my coercion, he is the one who actually asked me out. Ok, fine. I made Doug throw the gauntlet because I was chicken.

How old are each of you?
I'm 31, he's OLD 41. Not that I would ever make a big deal out of our age difference. I like to think of him as vintage, and I certainly do LOVE all things vintage.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
This is an easy one since Clay is an only child. We definitely see Andy and Carrie the most, but that still doesn’t mean we see them enough.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I don’t think we’ve really faced any of the hard stuff yet. I mean, sometimes his cats cause some tension (and by tension, I mean cat puke in the living room), but sometimes I leave some dishes in the living room. I’ve been known to go through irrational tirades, but those rarely have a reason, so I couldn’t call that a “situation” so much.

Did you go to the same school?
In Louisville, you only talk about your high school. Since we lived in totally different ends of the state, we never mingled much in high school.

Who is smarter?
Clay. He married me, so obviously that man is brilliant. But aside from that, Clay is one of those people who would probably just read the encyclopedia for fun. But since those no longer really exist, he reads Wikipedia for fun, which is kind of the here and now way to do that. Occasionally, though, I’ll put on my big girl pants and say something REALLY profound and common sense like, then act all smug, like, yeah, I know everything. It makes him proud.

Who is the most sensitive?
Did I mention those occasional emotional tirades? Those would be mine. Still waters run deep, though, and Clay can be really sensitive. Like when I mention nailing things to the walls.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
In Louisville. At places that aren’t chains. I guess a running list of our most often hit restaurants would be as follows: Sushi at Sapporo, Burgers at Flanagan’s, Italian at Come Back Inn, Fast Food at Taco Bell, Chinese at Double Dragon, and then everywhere else.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Italy for the honeymoon.

Who has the craziest exes?
I wish I could just go simple and say Clay on this one, but mine are so numbered and varied in forms of crazy that I would probably end up actually winning.

Who has the worst temper?
Miss Kitty. Tempers really haven’t found their way into our relationship much. I know it’s hard to believe, but at some point along the way, I learned that being rational really does get you further. I'm pretty sure Clay doesn't even have a temper. If he did, I'm CERTAIN I would have invoked it by now.

Who does the cooking?
Clay does the cooking, and for good reason. Remember that question about who was smarter? I married a chef. Any other questions? I do the baking, though, and sometimes the clean-up, too!

Who is the neat-freak?
It’s funny, because we each have our specific things that drive us crazy. The mound of dishes by my recliner in the living room for three days went totally unnoticed by me, yet Clay had to put his foot down on that one. The whiskers all over the sink in the bathroom, though, make me insane. I think we just kind of complement each other, so that it’s never too overwhelming.

Who is more stubborn?
This is a good one! I really don’t know. I guess I would say me, but when it comes to Clay I cave pretty easily.

Who hogs the bed?
We both hog our OWN side of the bed. There is a clearly marked line down the middle of the King sized bed. It is marked with body pillows. No one dares to cross more than a hand over the line once sleep time has arrived. We even have our own blankets so that there is no tugging or sharing. All of this separateness makes us MUCH closer in the long run, trust me.

Who wakes up earlier?
During the week, Clay definitely gets up earlier. He’s up at 6:30 to be at work by 7ish. I get up at a leisurely 8ish to be at work by 9:30. Weekends, however, are when Clay plays catch-up while I’m ready to hop up and face the day.

Where was your first date?
Our first NOT date was to Rich O’s Pizza. But that was NOT a date. Sort of. Our first OFFICIAL date was to Melillo’s Italian restaurant.

Who is more jealous?
I don’t consider either of us to be jealous. I mean, seriously, there is no other girl out there more perfect for Clay, so why would his eyes wonder?

How long did it take to get serious?
2 dates.

Who eats more?
No one goes hungry in this relationship. But Clay eats more.

Who does the laundry?
Laundry is typically my domain. Clay is always good about lending a hand and switching over a load when needed, but I do all of the folding, and most of the laundry in general. Clay vacuums. This is a very happy trade-off.

Who's better with the computer?
We have Doug and Andy in our lives for this matter. Andy might be taking some time off, though, since our fall-out over why the heck I would want a phone that I don’t even understand. Apparently my cloud is grey. Or empty. Or simply wrong.

Who drives when you are together?
I always try to push this one off on Clay. He’s pretty good about being my chauffeur, but sometimes he makes me drive. When this happens, I always pull into the gas station so that he can fill up my car for me. This seems fair to me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Lori! this is great. You have presented a side of both you and Clay I was not aware of,but very truthful sounding and a real compliment to both. Love and marriage is not always easy but sounds like you know how to compromise very well. That sure makes a difference. Keep up the good work and it sounds like you may be together as long as your Papa and I. Loads of Love from your Granny

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home