Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bad ideas...

Well, according to Andy (and his friend Byron), I've set a baseline here. Apparently my blog site is the baseline of "updated least often" to which you can compare all other blogsites. It's good to be the queen of something.

My week started out really well! I spent Monday with Cooper, so of course that was a grand day! He and I started early and went to Brown Park to play for a while. He loves to hide these days, so it's really funny to chase him and keep up with him all the while pretending that you can't see him. We both found great fun in that. However, even greater fun was to be found in having Aunt Lolo pick Cooper up, put him at the top of the slide, then shove him down, only to repeat. And repeat. And repeat. That's good times! The problem with this doesn't really come in Lolo's exhaustion near so much as it comes in Cooper running and hiding once again, only to come back to the slide as "the stinky kid" on the playground. No one wants to play with the stinky kid, particularly Aunt Lolo. It seems, though, that Cooper is now at the age that diaper changing is no longer funny. No matter how many times the wheels turn on the bus, or the spider goes up that spout, diaper time is no longer tolerated with ease. The screaming kid getting his stinky changed on the park bench is also not a friend. Cooper, shape up!! CB and Andy, time to buy those cool diapers that you can change while the kid is still running and hiding! After all that excitement, we decided to meet Cooper's Daddy for some lunch. Now, Cooper's Mommy always tells me that Cooper is not really all that fond of chicken. However, I've found that if offered the right incentive (such as seasoned fried breading), chicken can in fact be one of Cooper's favorites. Sometimes it takes an aunt to figure these things out.

Now, in the beginning, I said that my week "started out really well". Monday was described above, Tuesday work went pretty well...then came Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday with a lot of allergy drainage and my stomach feeling pretty icky, so I made an impulse decision to call in to work. I really did feel yucky, but I knew I could overcome it. I just needed that day off. I enjoyed my day off once I started feeling better, and I was pretty much ready to go back to work. However, as the evening went on, I actually DID start feeling crappy. I started getting the tell-tale aches, pains, and sweats of a real fever! Sure enough, it was just over 100. Now that wasn't supposed to happen! I berated myself for giving karma a chance to come around and kick me in the butt, and I went on and called off work for Thursday (today). I went to bed, got a pretty good night's sleep, and woke up, wiggled around a bit to see if I was still achy, and BAM! It hit me...something caught in my neck and caused SHARP pain. I'm still not sure exactly what I did, but I hope to never do it again. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't get comfy. I finally popped a couple Tylenol and did my best to relax. I shifted from the bed to the couch, but I really was pretty miserable all day. My boss finally called in the early afternoon to ask if I was going to "grace them with my presence" on Friday. I had to say, quite honestly, that I doubted it! She voiced my own personal beliefs, that I should really bite the bullett and go to the doctor. Any of you know know my disdane for going to the doctor know that I really was in PAIN to even consider such. I finally decided the pain of getting up and getting to the doctor HAD to be less than laying on the couch for another 24 hours with the same pain, so off I went. He confirmed that I had pulled a muscle or something in my neck, and prescribed the good stuff. I now have a pain reliever and a muscle relaxer! Woohoo!! I took those early this evening and at this point, I must say I'm still in pretty great pain. The difference, though, is that I just don't care anymore! I'm in a bit of a daze. I'm currently planning on trying a day at work tomorrow, but if it doesn't work out, I'll be sure to hold the couch down again.

For a person who works a 4 day work week, taking of two of those days is kind of nice. If it weren't for the severe neck pain, I'd enjoy being a lady of leisure. Even better, next week I'll have my usual Monday off, then I'll be taking Friday off to go to Gatlinburg with the family. I think we're all really looking forward to that.

Thankfully, I think that's all I have to share for now. If I get REALLY motivated, I'll post pictures of Cooper's "Tuesday with Lori" soon. I might have to medicate again before I get that industrious, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger granny said...

So sorry you have been so sick and in such pain. I hope it is 100% better by now. Wish you had been here and we could have had a couch apiece in the livingroom and watched big screen TV together.
I'm glad you and Cooper had such a fun day at the park(except when the kid was stinky). I can't believe a little fellow like Cooper can get Aunt Lo Lo down so quickly. Better luck next time.
I can't beleive Gatlinbug time is here already but I am ready (really thinking) for it. Will be glad to see all of you again.
Thanks to Andy and Byron for letting you know it is blog time again. I hate to be the only one on that list.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

OOoooohh, new blog updates all the way around! Hope that you're feeling better by now! Have a great weekend.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

HELLO????
WHERE'S THE OWNER OF THIS BLOG SITE ANYWAY??? It looks abandoned in here.
Just kidding Lori! Just popped in to say hi.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home