Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Highlands are fun!!

So I'm officially a "highland dweller" of Louisville now. I always suspected I'd enjoy living in the Highlands area. There is plenty of culture, restaurants, bars, people, diversity, etc. I had no idea I'd love it this much!! I love that I can set off on a walk and end up in SO many different places so easily! I love that my neighbors range from a wonderful restaurant to a little old lady to tons of people my own age. I love the Highlands!! I've been out and about and done more things with friends in the last couple weeks than I'd done in the last several months at my old place!

My biggest fear in moving was in acquiring a roommate. I've lived on my own for a good while now, and I'm like a crotchety old person, completely set in her ways. I worried for myself and Amy! None of the things I had worried about have been an issue! Amy and I work pretty opposite schedules and rarely see one another. Even if we are both off work at the same time, one of us is usually out and about with various activities and friends. When we are both home at the same time, we truly enjoy seeing one another. Tonight, for example, we met after work at the grocery, picked up some items for dinner, then came home and grilled. Amy's boyfriend joined us, and we had an awesome meal!! This whole grilling thing is a little tricky, but we're catching on in a hurry. Tonight we grilled pork chops, steaks, and sweet potatoes. Amy also fixed some mac n' cheese and green beans, as well as a salad. The three of us feasted, and we still have a ton of food left over for the rest of the week. I would have NEVER done all of that on my own!

As a bit of housekeeping, I've heard rumors here and there that I'm not updating my blog quite often enough. For those of you still visiting here enough to realize that (HI mom and granny!!), just rest assured that if I'm not actually posting, then I'm out doing something much more fun and exciting. Since I've been doing SO much of the latter lately, the blog has suffered terribly. I apologize. I would promise to do better, but that would require cutting down on the social life, and I'm quite opposed to that idea. So...thanks for staying tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger granny said...

Hooray Lori, I finally found a new Blog. So glad to know you are so fond of your new home and enjoying it so much. Keep on trucking girl but do slow down enough to post once in a while. I wore that moving one completely out visiting it. Glad to hear you are haveing a great social life. You mentioned shops etc. are there any churches in the area? I am so anxious to see your new home as I have heard so much about it and how pretty it is. I am also anxious to meet Amy. So glad you have her and are getting along so well. Come home soon. We miss YOU as well as your Blogs and pictures.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home