Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Pat's Parade- 2011

Yesterday was our highly anticipated St. Patrick's Day parade. The parade was one of the very first dates Clay and I went on several years ago, and we've made it back every year. It's a cute little tradition that I always really look forward to!
I didn't take many pictures of the parade itself, but I had to get one of the military marching band. It makes me tear up a bit every year. I'm not sure what it is about it, but just thinking about the sacrifices our military make for us to live the lives that we live...it kinda gets to me.
Lila was absolutely THE CUTEST kid at the parade, hands down!! She wore another new dress sent by Grandmamma, complete with green leggings, leprechaun socks, shamrock shoelaces, and fantastic hair accessories!
The green dealybobs didn't exactly last through the whole parade, but we had a green hairbow in for backup. Ok...so that didn't last the whole time either, but we snuck it back in.
Lila was absolutely enthralled by the parade. She loved watching and listening to everything! However, as the parade went on, the crowd kept pushing further and further forward into the street. I HATE THAT. What was once a perfect curb-side view got totally covered so that she couldn't see anything through the crowd in front of her. I wasn't about to push my baby into the middle of the street, so we finally had to let her stand, then trade off holding her for a while so she could see. She was finally just itching to get down and roam. I let her for a bit, and she darted directly to the candy on the ground! I really wouldn't have thought she'd even know what a sucker was, but Miss Thang grabbed up a handful of them, and demanded "MO!" I appeased her with some pinches off a Tootsie Roll.
We packed some CheezIts that did a pretty good job of distraction, too!

Once I got all these pictures uploaded, I realized I don't really have a single one that does justice to her whole dress, or to the stroller! I adorned her stroller with 25 yards of tulle, bows, glow bracelets, etc! It was absolutely fabulous, if I do say so myself. We'll be riding in style to school this week, so I'll try to get another picture with it in the next few days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Whoooeee! Those green dealybobs are something else. Hilarious! And I'm sure Lila WAS the best dressed kid at the parade. Between Grandmama's dress and all her bling, she truly stood out in the crowd. I'm glad she enjoyed the day so much.

5:53 PM  
Blogger EMMA said...

Enjoying all the pictures and the things you write.

10:55 PM  
Blogger EMMA said...

Enjoying all the pictures and the things you write.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home