Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Lila and Clay were hanging out in the living room before Super Bowl, and I wandered into the room. Lila had been playing, but I found her in Dad's lap. Aww...cute! But then I noticed something was amiss. They were both staring at the tv. Like, the kind of staring where all four eyes are glued to the tv, and they didn't even notice I was there.

Lila has never ever paid any attention to the tv before.

So I glanced over to see what was so interesting, and I saw.....THE PUPPY BOWL!!
Apparently Animal Planet plays this silly Puppy Bowl every year before the Super Bowl. It's actually just a bunch of really cute puppies frolicking around in a room decorated to look like a mini-football stadium. I have to admit, it was pretty cute!
Eventually Lila slid out of dad's lap, and I assumed she had lost interest. But, NO! She went straight to the tv and started trying to pet the puppies!
She couldn't get enough of it, and it cracked us up! If I had thought to DVR this thing, I would've been set for many hours of peace in our house! I'd play this thing every day, just to get Lila to stand still for a minute!
She did eventually lose interest. Apparently the "Hamster Cam" in the blimp and the Kitten half-time show just weren't her thing.

I've never again seen Lila watch the television.

4 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Lori, this post says you posted it on March 1, 2011. I'm still on February 27th - how did you get ahead of me?!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lori Shay said...

It's like magic!

Or maybe it's just that I was trying to do a few posts ahead so that I'd look like I was really keeping up for the next few days, but I screwed it all up. :-)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Airholic said...

way to go Lori, caught again. I am with Lila, who wants to watch hamsters and cats..

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Oh wow! I think you should FIND someone who has this segment taped. Pay them money for it if necessary as it could prove to be very valuable! HA!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home