Thursday, April 15, 2010

Growing Girl

Warning! There is a cute overload ahead. Proceed with caution!! I've cleaned off Lila's school camera AND Daddy's good camera and crammed ALL of that cute into ONE intense random post!

We'll start with a sneak peak at Lila's Derby ensemble. One of Lila's future teachers, Mrs. Carolyn, put this hat together for her!! It is SO over the top (pun only slightly intended) and I LOVE it!! I think LJ loves it, too!Ever the diva... Mrs. Mary at Mommy's work made Lila this outfit with the yellow tutu. One of Lila's classmates wore one similar to school, and Lila could NOT be outdone! Mary gave us two of these, and I couldn't wait to get them on her!! Fortuitously, I was shopping at a yard sale last weekend and happened to find the PINK tutu!! Of course, we had to have that as well. If one tutu is good, then two tutus are GREAT!
Lila's first field trip!! Contrary to this facial expression, Lila loved the big field trip to Brown Park next to school! Of course, for such a big occasion as a first field trip, we had to get a bit dressed up! A girl needs a nice sun hat for a day outdoors, and of course we had to have a matching outfit for the hat! More of Lila's future teachers gave her this outfit, and it's SO cute on her!

EASTER!! The Easter Bunny came to our house, and he hid some special eggs for LJ at Aunt B and Uncle A's house!!
I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this picture!
The Easter Bunny brought Lila some bunny ears AND a bubble blower! She was mesmerized by the millions of bubbles floating around the room!
We had to do a bit of an Easter "practice run" at school on Good Friday. Lila looked SO cute in this pink polka dotted dress!
LJ in her sweet robe that Papa Jimmy embroidered for her. SO CUTE!!! She LOVES bathtime and all the sweet snuggles and attentions she gets on the changing table after.
What started out as simply a cute Minnie Mouse outfit might've gotten a bit over-accessorized by the time Mommy got done having fun with it.
Guess who's been rolling over in her bed!! I went in to wake Lila up one morning this week and found her with that sweet little booty stuck right up in the air, and she was just as proud of herself! Happy as a clam!
Trick picture!! I had to throw in this fun picture of the cats to break up the cute Lila overload. Lila and the cats still pretty much just ignore each other. Yesterday morning while Lila was finishing up her bottle, Ramone (the brown one) hopped up in my lap with us. Lila sat up and they just watched each other for a minute. Finally Lila gently started grabbing and kneading Ramone's furry back. It was so funny! I don't think either of them really knew what to think of it all.
Lila LOVES to be naked! I think I've figured out why! I got her undressed for her bath one night, and without that big bulky diaper, she was able to grab her feet and get them both all the way into her mouth! I cracked up and grabbed the camera.
Ok, Grandparents and Great Grandparents, I hope that's enough to hold you off for a little while longer! Lila has been saving up her kisses for you all, but she has so many of them now that they just run down her chin all the time and soak her clothes. I'm sure she's still saving a few, though!



6 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Wooo Hoooo!! These pics might be enough to hold me for a "short" while longer. And you're right ... there is a whole heap of cuteness in this post! I can't decide which picture is the cutest. I'm glad to see LJ has her Derby hat all ready. Adorable!!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

So precious! I miss her. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter. Give her smooches for me! xoxo

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori for all the adorable pics. I don't think they will last me long though as I have seen some more on Moms cell that I hope you will include next time. You see I am capturing all of them and planning to use them later when I have time. You know all of this doesn't ake the place of snuggling and getting to really know her. Hurry Mother's Day. Granny

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lory I forgot to tell you I love Lila Janes Derby hat. Will she be going to any of the festivities? Granny

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your favorite picture was one of my favorite's too. I liked all of the pictures and the post. Thanks for the opportunity to keep up with your family. I hadn't looked in awhile and almost got overload; but was to eagar to learn and see more, Thanks Lori, Love you.

Aunt Sheila

10:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Lori...thanks so much for sharing all those lovely Lila pictures! What a cutie pie she is! Love all of her adorable outfits!!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home