Sunday, March 14, 2010

Leapin' Leprechauns!!


These 1/4 Irish eyes were definitely smiling yesterday at the St. Patrick's Day parade!
One of my very first dates with Clay was to the St. Pat's parade, and we've been every year since. We couldn't wait to include Lila Jane in the tradition!
Even though she's wearing her "serious" expression, she really did have a great time! I shot these few pics before we left.
For all of you who comment and remind me to be sure and get pics with ME in them, here you go!

Lila got serenaded by a bagpiper right behind her! I really thought she would wig out because it was so loud, but she never did! She did finally startle a bit when a semi went by and honked, but I calmed her down and she was quite happy again!
She lasted about two hours through the festivities before she finally decided she'd had enough and got a little fussy. I carried her back to the car, and Clay shot this pic. I thought it was too cute with her little serious eyes poking over my shoulder!

Before the parade, it was kind of cool out and (you won't believe this!) I forgot to pack a hat for LJ. We were wondering around before the festivities, and I stopped in the Celtic Center, a little store that carries all Irish/Celtic items. I saw this little hat, and thought it was really cute, but I didn't want to pay the $$ for it. I came out and laughed and told Clay how cute it was, and he marched right in there and got it for our little 1/4 Irish princess! HA! Ya think he's wrapped much?
We had an awesome afternoon!! It's so fun to get to do these things with Miss Lila Jane!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Oh my goodness ... can those eyes get any bigger???? Lila looks so cute all dressed up in her green. It was great to see pics of Mommy and Daddy too! It's so nice to see you enjoying life as a family. Have fun!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little leprechaun has the big bright Irish smiling eyes alright. I do believe green is her color along with red, yelow, orange.... You are two very lucky people as well as all the rest of the Dillingham clan. How God has blessed us. Thank you so much for the pics of mommy and daddy also. You are so sweet to fulfill all our requests. Daddy I like her hat. You are so sweet to do such nice things for she and her mommy. Hugs to all Granny

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! that looked liked the way to celebrate St. Patricks Day. Lila needed the hat since there hasn't been many pictures without a hat. I enjoyed the pictures of all the family too. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Aunt Sheila

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home