Thursday, March 18, 2010

Derby City Roller Girl



Warning! The above picture is merely a teaser and has nothing to do with this actual post. It was just too darn cute to let fall through the cracks. With that disclaimer aside, on with the show!!

This evening, I put Lila on her pallet on her BACK. That's her favorite way to be. She hates tummy time, so I make her teachers do that with her so that I don't have to hear her cry. HA!

So...if I put Lila on her back....then tell me HOW IN THE WORLD DID I CAPTURE THESE PICS MOMENTS LATER?????

Do you see that look of pride? She KNOWS she's up to no good!
Yes, folks. I think we have the official first "rolled over" out of the way. She does seem stuck on that right arm a bit, but it didn't seem to bother her in the least.

And the reward for all of that work? She finally caught that pesky runaway hand she'd been looking for! That's my girl!!!


In other unrelated news, Lila will officially start her hemangioma medication tomorrow. We've put it off a couple times while we deliberated and sought further medical advice. We have kind of agonized over the decision to move forward with this, as it is pretty much a trial medication. It is a beta blocker and will lower Lila's blood pressure. We have now spoken with the plastic surgeon, two pediatricians, one cardiac nurse practitioner, and many online websites and forums. We will start the first dose in the morning, then go to visit the pediatrician at 10:00am for a check-in to make sure her body is tolerating the blood pressure change ok. I feel very confident that we won't have any problems, but we wanted to move cautiously....just in case. We took some "before" pictures of each of her hemagiomas tonight, so I really really really hope to have some astounding "before" and "after" images to share in a few days!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Wooo Hooo Lila girl!! Way to go! That sweet little fist you captured was worth all that work you did to get it. I can't wait to see your new trick in person.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How feisty my Lila is. You had better watch her you will lay her down and when you get back she will be gone. Lila Jane you are just growing to fast, slow down. Thank you for capturing all those sweet pics. Don't leave a one off. I am glad to know you was so cautious before starting her medication. That's my girl! cover every option. I will be anxious to hear how she is doing. Please keep us posted and I think it is sweet of daddy to take care of Lila tomorrow. Have a great weekend all of you.
Hugs Granny

10:36 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Lori...I LOVE all of your pictures! The St.Patrick's day pictures were excellent, and congrats baby Lila on rolling over - yeah!
Hope that the medication works super duper well for Miss Lila!
You all have a fantabulous weekend!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori I was at Granny's and Papa's yesterday and I was so surprised to already see a big improvement that the medicine had made. I enjoy all the pictures. I love it when the babies start rolling over and doing things that shows you how strong and healthy they are. Good job Lila on the turn over. You will be sitting up before we know it.

Blessings,
Aunt Sheila

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home