Friday, March 05, 2010

Happy Birthday!







This week we celebrated two very important Birthdays!! This outfit has BIG clues about whose Birthdays we celebrated! Can you guess??
Yup, Hop on POP, written by Dr. Seuss! Dr. Seuss's Birthday is March 2, and Pop's Birthday is March 3. What a fun week! Lila celebrated on Wacky Socks Wednesday at school with this fun outfit and her mismatched BabyLegs and silly socks.
Thursday was Pajama Party day!! I'm not really clear on the distinction between "clothes" and "pajamas" in Lila Jane's size, but we wore these fun fleecy jammies, and fit right in!
Today was Dr. Seuss's Birthday party at school. LJ wore her OTHER Seuss onesie (why, of COURSE she has TWO!) with her Rainbow Brite BabyLegs and fun socks. Since they all match, it was obviously NOT silly sock day. This is just normal Lila attire! Ha!

We had a lot of fun dressing up this week. I didn't get pictures of Lila's Mixed Up Monday or Top Hat Tuesday ensembles. I'm clearly slacking!

This weekend, we have big plans! Aunt Carrie and Uncle Andy offered to Lila-sit Saturday night, so Clay and I have the evening to ourselves. We've tossed around several fun ideas including a nice dinner out, a friend's party, and a play. We're still not sure what we're going to do, but in all honesty, I'd be just as happy to stay home and SLEEP! I'll keep you posted!

Last night, after I drug myself into bed, I had to give Clay a warning.
Lori: Honey, I'm too tired to do it right now, but I'm probably going to have a meltdown soon.
Clay: Oookay. Are you stressed about Lila not eating well?
Lori: Yes. And I'm exhausted. And I'm tired of washing dishes. And pumping. And feeding. And laundry. And waking up at 4am to feed some more. And doing more dishes. And my hair falling out. I'm VERY tired of fistfuls of my hair falling out every day. I'm going to make a rug out of lost hairs. I feel like Samson, and with every hair that falls out, I lose a bit of strength and sanity.
Clay: Oh. Ok. I'm sorry?
Lori: Thanks. Night night.

And with that, I'm off to wash dishes. And pump. And wash those exact same dishes again. And then go to bed. Because guess what! Lila Jane took a full 5 oz bottle before bed tonight with NO tears!! ...and she didn't cry, either. There's hope for a full night of sleep here, and I don't want to miss a minute of it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Oh my ... it sounds like it's about time for me to come home and spend some time with Lila so "my" baby can rest, sleep and relax a while. Hang in there ... it won't be much longer! How nice of Uncle Andy and Aunt B. to pinch hit while we're gone. I know Lila is in for a fun night Saturday night! I'm glad to hear LJ is eating a little better again now. Poor Lila, poor Mommy = POOR DADDY!! ;-)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you are so stressed and Lila not eating well. Sure hope you got a good nights rest it will help alot. If your Granny was any good she would pinch hit for Mim once in a while but my driver refuses to budge so we are both stuck. Know that I love you and the family any way.
Hugs Granny

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes I was going to tell you that sweet smile and bright beautiful clothes must be decieving. Lila looks contented as can be and happy as a lark. Thanks for the pictures even though you didn't feel like posting I'm sure. So glad Andy, CB, Cooper and Collin are so glad to help you out. They are sweeties too.
Granny

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home