Friday, February 26, 2010

This little girl...
is growing up...
way too fast!!!

She wasn't really sure what to think about the exersaucer at work. She hung out in it for a few minutes, though! We went on and got her exersaucer at home set up and she's been in it once as well.

These pictures were all taken a week or so ago.

Today, poor LJ is not doing so great. She had a rougher night last night, and was up crying a couple times for 5-10 minutes at a time. I've been having to wake her up at 7:00 to get her ready for school, but today she was wide awake and very unhappy at 6:00. I took her to school hoping her rough start was just because we got her bedtime routine a bit off last night. But alas, I peeked in to see Miss Lila this morning and she felt a bit warm when I was loving on her. Her temp was only 98.9, but she just didn't seem right. It wasn't long until Mrs. Barb brought her to me fussing and whimpering. Her temp had gone up to 99.4, but she was definitely not feeling well. I called Clay to see if he'd be able to leave work. I put him on standby in case we needed him. At a temp of 101, Lila would have to leave school. Before noon, I checked in again, and Lila was still just absolutely pitiful. Her temp was up to 100.4. She was whiney and limp and hadn't slept for more than a few minutes at a time all morning. She was just lifeless, and it scared me! I went on and called the Dr. and got her a 2:2o appt, and called Clay to come get her. He was able to make it just in time to get to her appt. Apparently she just has a virus, and we're going to have to let it run it's course. They told us to give her Tylenol and wait it out. She slept most of the afternoon, and woke up still pretty pitiful. She did give me some smiles and snuggles before falling back to sleep. She woke up just in time for her bedtime routine, so we got her all jammied up, loaded with a bottle and medicine, and read a few stories before putting her down for the night. She went down without so much as a whimper, and I haven't heard from her since. Here's hoping we have a good night, and a better day tomorrow!!! Uncle Andy and Aunt B and the boys were going to babysit for us tonight so that Clay and I could go out for sushi with some friends, but I ended up staying home with her and letting Clay go to dinner since he took the afternoon shift. Thanks to the Crouches for the offer, and we'll try to do it again sometime!!

I had actually planned to take Lila to the Dr. tomorrow even before all of this happened. She's had a rashy stomach for well over a month now, and I was finally fed up. At our last two Dr. appts, they had told us that what she had seemed viral, but it never really went away. I knew it wasn't viral, but I needed a Dr. note to say she was ok for daycare, so Clay was able to take care of that while she was there today, too. They confirmed my suspicions, that it was just eczema, and had us get some hydrocortisone cream for her. I haven't been using ANY scented soaps or lotions for some time now, so hopefully with the new cream, we'll be able to get her all cleared up soon.

What a start to the weekend, huh??

2 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

This child is so laid back! LOL She looks limp as a little rag doll in that big exersaucer. Too cute! I'm so sorry to hear that she's sick. Sure hope she feels better tomorrow. Keep us posted. And thanks for the pics!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby in that big contraption. I'm sure she will love it before long. I am so sorry she is sick. I do hope she will be a lot better and all well real soon. Kiss her and tell her it is from her Granny. A get well kiss. I would love some of the snuggles she gives you all the time.
Granny

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home