Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where's Lori?

"Oh my..." you might say. "Why Lori, you haven't blogged in over a week," I've heard. "What have you been up to?" you might be wondering.

Well, my nightly routine is somewhat different than it was B.L. (Before Lila)

B.L., my nightly routine looked a lot like this:
Get off work.
Come home from work.
Plotz on couch.
Eat dinner Clay made me.
Muster energy to move to bed and watch tv.
Sleep.

Now, however, the times they are a changin'. The new evening routine looks more like this:

Get off work.
Spend 20 minutes packing up Lila Jane and her laundry bag and rounding up her diapers and various hats, bibs, burp cloths, bottles, breastpump and accoutrements, pack them all into the stroller, stroll to the car, and unload the whole caravan, then fall into the seat and make phone calls on the ride home because I know I won't have a chance later.
Arrive home and try to carry Lila and all of her stuff into the house in one trip. Not always successful. Second trip to the car.
Get Lila unloaded from carseat and settled somewhere safe.
Begin the mad evening rush.
Unload dirty diapers. Start laundry.
Unload dirty bottles and pump accessories. Hand wash mountain of dishes.
Hope that Clay is on top of dinner preparations.
Straighten Lila's room and get everything ready for her night time routine later.
Cram dinner down while trying to occupy and entertain Lila.
Gather dishes and try to get dishwasher unloaded/reloaded.
Laundry is done. Back downstairs to switch loads over.
It's 8:00. Lila's bathtime.
Bathe Lila. Try to remember to lotion her, give her vitamins, suck snot from her nose.
Get Lila dressed and hand her off to Clay for story time while I clean up the errant clothes, diapers, bath pail, towels, washcloths, soaps, and lotions from bathtime.
Fill Lila's humidifier.
Story time is over and Lila is cranky.
Nurse Lila. Use four pillows, two burp cloths, one shield, and partridge in pear tree to accomplish mission.
Tuck Lila in for the night.
Straighten up living room including four pillows, two burp cloths, one shield, and partridge.
It's 9:00 and I'm finally sitting down on the couch to relax. Decide to check email and Facebook and blogs "really quickly" before blogging.
Give up on blogging because it's 10:00 and I still have to get off the couch, pump, wash pump accessories (AGAIN) and find the bed.
Tiptoe to bed where Clay gave up and fell asleep while I was pumping.
PASS OUT.

So that's mostly the routine I have every night now. I enjoy it, but it leaves me NO time or energy to get to the blog most nights. I had great plans for uploading some cute pics of Lila tonight of her first time in the Exersaucer at school, but I can't find the camera cord, and I'm just too darn tired to continue looking for it.

If anyone finds an extra laundry fairy, please send her my way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My poor precious baby girl (you are still my BABY). I think you need a shoulder to relax on and Lila has taken it away. I will take time as soon as I finish visiting with you to have a pity party with you. Isn't it strange how one little bundle of joy can change a persons life forever? Oh but she is worth every min. of the trials. Remember you have Clay to hlpe you too, dinner then take care of Lila. All women aren't that lucky. Hang in there honey it will get better. Hugs Granny

10:55 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Every mommy in the world is now identifying with you! Bless all your hearts. It's a good thing those little guys are so cute and so sweet or they'd all be listed on Craig's List for free. HA! Just hang in there another month or so and I'll give you AND CB a well deserved Mim break. I'm going into grandkids withdrawal down here!!!
Love YOU!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Lori...you just gave me a flashback with this post! I had that times 4...as 3 were in diapers together and Drew was in pullups still. Those days were SO BUSY, and I remember being so tired. Hang in there...it does get easier, and you will eventually find a bit of time for yourself again. The laundry however...I'm still looking for that "Laundry Fairy". It's NEVER ENDING! I'm currently wanting to slow things down. My bunch is growing way too fast. So when you're exhausted and tired, know that it will pass more quickly than you realize. Take a deep breath, and enjoy it. Your little angel is beautiful! I love all your blog posts! (I may get re-motivated to blog again myself...LOL). Tell Clay hello from us! You all take care!!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home