Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another week down

We have had the BEST time this week with Clay off work! We had dinner parties, did some shopping, slept in late, and just enjoyed being a family. Clay has decided he really likes this retirement stuff, with the only possible drawback being lack of pay. It is a big drawback, so unfortunately he'll have to go back to work tomorrow.

Lila Jane is doing wonderfully! Her diaper rash seems to FINALLY be pretty much cleared up. Her cheeks that were SO very bumpy and rough are finally starting to get soft and baby cheeky again. She still has a bit of cradle cap, but I'm trying to stay on top of that so that it doesn't get very bad. She actually seems to enjoy me digging and scratching on her scalp, so that's definitely a good thing. She's still been sleeping 9-10 hours at a stretch every night, so overall, LIFE IS GOOD!

Now that Lila's bum is so much better, I'm really starting to get more committed to the cloth diapering. We've been using cloth exclusively while we're at home for two days now, and we've only had one very minor leak. I think a combination of the diapers being washed a few more times and adding absorbancy, along with me learning just how to adjust the snaps/velcro is really making a big difference. I'm feeling almost confident enough to take her out in public in them! The washing/drying/general care aspect of the cloth diapering has been a breeze so far. Apparently it's not a big deal until the solid foods start. Luckily we still have a while on that one.

So, I really don't have much else to report, which is a GOOD thing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I loved the video. I felt like I could just reach out and pick her up. Miss Lila sure is happy and I think her mommy kind of likes her!! Bobbie

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home