Friday, December 18, 2009

Routine? HA!

I should have known better than to post about our "routine" that we have going, Miss Lila. You did really well Wednesday, but Thursday was a rough one! Mommy's friend Stephanie came to visit us today, and you were really good while she was here. You did eat more often than usual, but I didn't think much of it. You really always eat on your own schedule. After Stephanie left, though, you kind of lost it a bit! You always have your longest wake time in the afternoons, so I wasn't surprised when you were awake for a while, but I surely didn't expect that you would cry alllll afternoon and evening! By the time Daddy got home from work, I was SO ready for him to take a turn! I had tried feeding you, changing you, giving you gas drops, rocking you, letting you cry it out, feeding you again, and every other trick I knew. I hoped that Daddy would be able to calm you down, but really you kept it up pretty much all evening. I still don't know what was wrong! We finally decided that since you were mad anyway, we might as well go on and strip you down and give you a bath, then feed you again and put you to bed. You fussed for a few minutes when we put you to bed, but then... you slept. And slept. Aaaand slept! I finally woke you up after 6 1/2 hours!! You've never slept that long or gone that long between feedings before! Apparently you had really worn yourself you. I woke you and fed you, then put you back in bed. You slept for another almost 5 hours! You finally woke up to eat again, then you went back to bed while Mommy got ready and got her chores done. And you slept most of the day today! You've really only woken up to eat, then had your usual short afternoon wake time. I have no idea what tonight will bring, but I hope the fussy part doesn't happen again for a looong time! I HATED seeing you so pitiful and having no idea how to help you. I'm SO happy you've been so very content today!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Stacy said...

growth spurt i bet!! she's gonna out grow her 0-3 months stuff soon!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home