Tuesday, December 29, 2009

FIVE Weeks!

Lila Jane, you are FIVE weeks old!! I wanted to do a One Month update, but the holidays just got right in our way. Here you are at 5 weeks old!
At your 1 month check-up, you weighed 10 lbs, 4 oz., and you were 21.5 inches long! You are wearing Size 1 diapers, but you've pretty much been in those since you were born! We only used the newborn size for a week or so until we had used them up. You are definitely no longer in your newborn clothes! Your 0-3 month clothes are fitting perfectly, and if you get much longer, we will have to get out some bigger clothes! It's no wonder you are growing so quickly, as you take between 4 and 5 oz. of breastmilk from a bottle. You typically nurse for about 20 minutes.

You are getting more alert every day! I love when your big eyes are open and looking around. Your eyes were a really dark greyish navy when you were born, but they are lightening into a deep blue.

You had your first big road trip last week! We went to Mayfield for Christmas, and you slept the whole way there! We did mess up your schedule a little bit during the four days that we were home, but you are already settling back in now that we're back in Louisville.

Yesterday, December 28, you gave Mommy and Daddy a BIG scare! When I was giving you your sponge bath for the morning, I noticed a big dark bluish colored knot kind of under the skin on your side, under your right arm! I panicked, and tried to figure out if it was a bruise or something worse. I took you right in to the doctor to see what it was, and they told me that it's only a hemangioma under the skin. What a relief!! You already have one small red hemangioma ("strawberry mark" or "angel kiss") on the side of your belly, but I hadn't seen this one! It's completely under the skin, so it doesn't have the red "strawberry" appearance, but is thick and bluish. The doctor seemed very unconcerned about it, but she did go on and schedule you for an Ultrasound at Kosair next week just to be absolutely certain that's what it is.

I really can't believe you've already changed and grown so much! I'm so proud of you and the little person I'm watching you turn into. As much as Daddy and I would love to keep you little bitty forever, it really is amazing to watch you grow. I look forward to every new phase you will go through, and I'm SO proud to be your Mommy!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Awww ... I'm sooo glad you're doing these updates. I look forward to every new post. And I LOVE the pictures! I'm going to need LOTS of pictures while we're gone. It was so hard to see you leave with her tonight. I miss her already! ( and you too!)

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home