Saturday, January 09, 2010

All Better!

Apparently Lila has been reading the blog, and realized we were talking about her. Being the obstinate babe that she is, she decided she would just go on and really prove me wrong by turning back into the perfect baby! HA! After I wrote all those rotten things about how she'd been acting, she went right down and slept for 7 hours! She woke up her bright sunshiny self, and we set out to have a fun day. Lila and I walked the mall for a looong time, then made a run to Target, and she hardly even made a peep. After that big adventure, we went out with some friends for dinner at Palermo, then she slept for a 9 hour stretch last night! Our sleeping beauty is back! HURRAY!!! Lila woke up in a great mood this morning, and we brought her to our bed where the three of us just snuggled all morning. It was perfect! We drug poor Lila out and about again for lunch, then shopping with a friend. She slept the whooole long day. We pressed our luck tonight, though, and took her out to dinner again for a friend's birthday. After sleeping the whole day away, Lila was NOT interested in sleeping through the party. Instead, she decided to have a belly ache and cry the whole time! All of the people there were really nice about it, but I felt terrible that she added her special "ambiance" to the evening. Luckily, it was a very casual pizza place, and we were in a back room where only our party could hear her. Most of the people sitting near us have children, so they were very understanding, even taking turns to help hold her. As stressful as it was to see her so upset, I still have to give the poor girl credit. She has been a trooper the last few days!! She hangs right in there with us no matter where we decide to drag her!

I had mentioned in the last post that I was concerned about the breastfeeding going awry. After CB calmed me down a bit and told me to just chill with it, things dramatically improved, and I am no longer in ANY way concerned about my production. I was just really overthinking things and making it all more difficult than it should have been.

So, overall, things are looking MUCH better around here. I'm going to have to remove that ad on Craigslist for a free baby. :-)

Clay is on vacation this coming week, so I PROMISE we'll get some new pics of Lila Jane up soon!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said...Thanks for the post Lori and the update on our baby. So glad she found her way home and ran the cranky one off. I am so excited to hear the word PICTURES!!! Now is the time to get in my request right? If possible I really need one of the three of you. I have replacements in the "Hall of Family" of everyone but yours, Daniel & Steph, & Josh & Nichole. Well looks like I have half of the grandkids families but anyway I need the rest. If it's not easy right now that will be ok just add it to my wish list.hehehe Hugs

12:52 AM  
Blogger Mim said...

Wowza ... has parenthood ever changed things! Who would ever have thought that CB would be the one telling YOU to chill out? I love it!! I'm just glad all is well again AND that you have such a great support person to turn to. Thanks for all you do for ALL of us CB!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home