Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baby for Sale! Free!!

I'm thinking about giving Lila away soon. My very happy and well-adjusted, and great eating and sleeping baby is no longer. I'm not sure where she went, but I miss her greatly, and would love to have her back. The baby that was left in her place is kinda cranky, and is bringing me down with her.

I'm really not entirely certain what's going on, but I fear there are multiple factors at play. First, Lila is gassy. Whenever she's fussy, I always immediately dose her up with some infant gas drops. I can often push her legs up toward her abdomen and hear a nice long string of toots. Sorry to go into detail, but when I go back and read these posts when Lila's in high school, it'll make me laugh. Another factor at play is that the nursing/pumping lately has been kind of erratic. I love the convenience of being able to pump, then give Lila bottles when I'm out and about. However, it's really easy to get caught in the trap where I pump, then suddenly Lila is ready to eat, so I give her the pumped bottle, then I try to hurry and pump again to replace that, and the cycle becomes vicious. So while I'm trying to get ahead a bit and have some milk to freeze, Lila can get behind a bit and actually get less milk because I'm pumping it all away. Or something like that. It's all confusing. Other issues at play seem to be her diapers. While we're at home, I'm really trying to stick with cloth during the day. I'm working some different angles to keep leaks at bay, and we're doing a bit better with that. However, I'm wondering if Lila is fussier when she's wet or dirty with cloth diapers. She's been so fussy lately, it's hard to pinpoint what the actual issue might be. Finally, we're all snowed in, and we might go stir crazy if we don't get out of the house tomorrow.

So, as you can see, we have some issues working against us right now. Lila has been really fussy all day, hasn't napped well, has snacked when feeding, then acts starved 20 minutes later, etc. It's been a swell time. After talking through all of these issues with some wise ladies (Thanks Mom, CB, and Stacy!), I think my first line of defense might be to just chill a bit. I've really been stressing over the nursing, particularly, which is something I promised myself I would never do. CB very wisely suggested that Lila could be in a powerful growth spurt, which would very easily explain the constant hunger and changed sleep patterns. I'm hoping this is the case, as if so, CB assures me that it will only last a few days. I'm going to give up on the constant pumping, and just let Lila nurse to her heart's (and belly's) content for the next few days, and I'm going to try not to sell Lila on craigslist during an irrational moment while in the midst of a 2am feeding.

In other news (and further proving CB's theory), Lila was totally stretching out the ends of a 0-3 month footed sleeper outfit today. I meant to get pictures, but I was a bit preoccupied. (See above.) At one point, Clay was holding her, and the neck of the outfit was actually pulled down past her shoulders because it was stretched so taut. I'm so sad! She's barely worn these clothes!! I knew she would go through the sizes quickly, but I didn't realize we would actually be needing size 3-6 months at only 6 weeks old!

That's all I have for today. I have to rush to bed during this very calm and quiet moment before the sleeping beauty awakes and realizes her hunger once again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

I'll take her!!! I'm used to fussy babies as you've heard before. ;)
I do hope she has a good night and a better day tomorrow. Days like today are hard on ALL of you.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said...Bless my Lila's heart and Mommy's too. I am so sorry to hear Lila is having problems. I guess Granny & Papa will just have to come baby sit while Mommy goes out on the town for a while. I bet she will be glad to see the baby then even if she is still broke. I hope things work out for you and Lila and Daddy real soon. Hugs to all.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home