Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Week 6

Lila is six weeks old! We're having yet another busy week. Sunday, Clay was working, so Lila and I met up with our friends Chuck, Jude (the one who knit Lila's booties and sweater!), and Amber for brunch. All of that food really wore us out, so we both came home and napped!

Since Clay didn't have to work on Monday, I decided tonight was the night to get you out of teh bouncy seat for bedtime! I decided to strengthen my resolve, put you in your crib on your back, and walk away. You gave me a gooood cry! I came in the living room to wait it out, and I almost didn't make it! After about 10 minutes, I asked Clay how long we should wait. He said THREE more minutes. Amazingly enough, after only one or two more minutes, you were fast asleep! You had been going about 9 hours at night before you woke to feed, but on your back you only made it about 4 hours. However, after you ate, you went right back down on your back and didn't even cry! I'd call our transition a huge success! Daddy was off work Monday, so we slept in and snuggled in bed all morning, then got out and ran some errands. We tried out a new restaurant, then made some returns at Wal-Mart. You slept the rest of the day! Yet again, though, you went right down into your bed without the bouncy seat and did great! You still only went about 4 hours at a stretch, but we're working on it!

All snugged in bed for the morning...bedhead and all!
Today (Tuesday) you had your ultrasound at Kosair to make sure the spot on your side really is just a hemangioma. The ultrasound went great, and it did confirm that we have NOTHING to worry about! They told us that it is definitely a hemangioma, and will likely continue to grow until you're about a year old! At that point, it will SLOWLY start going away, but might take several years. They don't like to intervene medically with these unless they are obstructing the function of another organ. Apparently these are commonly found on the face and can obstruct the eye or on the neck and will start affecting blood flow or breathing. We are SO fortunate that this one is where it is and is nothing to worry about!! I did ask the doctor if there could be any relation between this hemangioma and the cystic hygroma that was found in utero. The doctor said that there could absolutely be a relation there. Apparently both issues have kind of the same "look" to them. We are thrilled that there is nothing more to worry about with this little issue!!

Here are a couple photos of her hemangiomas:
In this first pic, you can clearly see the red one, but below that, you can really see the "lump" from the one under the skin.

This one shows the "lump" more head on. You can kind of see the discoloration as well.This one is a freebie, just because she's cute!

Lila Jane is napping right now, and I just finished folding and putting away her 3-6 month clothes!!! I can't believe we already need them, but she's quickly filling up her 0-3 month outfits. We've been using cloth diapers some of the time, and they are rather bulky, so they take up quite a bit of space in the clothing. It's so sad to have to already get bigger clothes out, but I'm SO happy and thankful Lila is growing and developing so wonderfully!

On the note of the cloth diapers, I've been really eager to use them, but the diaper rash Lila's had was preventing it. You can't use any ointments or creams with the cloth diapers because they can cause the cloth to repel water, which is obviously a bad thing when you want it to do quite the opposite! Lila's bottom is SOOO much better now, so we've been playing around with a few different brands of the cloth diapers. I'm having quite a bit of trouble with them leaking out the legs, but if I can figure out how to stop that, I'll love them! They're easy to use, and easy to wash, and they really do seem so nice and soft and comfy for baby! Also, I've been appalled at how much money we've already had to spend on disposables! I'm SO ready to get onto all cloth!

Lila Jane looking cute:

Lila showing off her puffy cloth diaper booty:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

It's so hard to believe that Lila has already been with us for 6 weeks. But that little cutie just keeps getting prettier every day. She's changed so much already. I'm very relieved to learn the hemangioma is nothing to be concerned about. We've already had to worry about her way too much! Her new diapers are hilarious. She looks like her caboose grew as much as mine did during the Christmas holidays. LOL! But on her, it's cute, while on me ... not so much! Lucky little chicky!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny said...
So happy to hear there is nothing to worry about. I agree with Mim we've had enough of that. She has changed soooo much she doesn't even look like my Lila. Yes she is getting prettier all time and so alert. I'm glad I wasn't there for the bed change. I would have had to rock her and help her out a little. I love all her cute outfits. Has she ever worn the same one twice? Give her lots of smooches for us and tell her how much Granny loves her and not to forget it. Hugs to you and Clay too.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home