Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween is here!

Andrew said it was time for me to blog again, so I'm here! (Hi Andrew!!!)

Ok, so how did this happen? Wasn't it five minutes ago that it was July 28 and I was dressing up for my wedding? And now, already, it's the end of October and I'm once again donning my fake lashes and getting dressed up for a totally different party! I know you're all on the edge of your seats dying to know. I promise to post pictures someday (you know how good I am about that!) but I'll go on and ruin the surprise and let you know. Clay is going as William Wallace from Braveheart, and I will be the Japanese geisha girl. We will be very cute, and have very much fun. We already had one party last weekend, and we have two more this weekend, then one on Halloween night. Whew...that's a lot of face paint!

On more exciting news about dressing up, though, I got some really cool news yesterday!!! Do you ever watch The Amazing Race on tv? It's the reality show where they have all of these couples racing around the world doing all of these fun tasks to reach a final destination where they can win a MILLION BUCKS! This has always been my favorite reality tv show, but since I've been with Clay, I've really toned it down on the tv in general. But this season, there is a Louisville couple on the show!! And better than that, Clay and I know them!!!! It's the cutest little Goth couple you've ever seen. Rumour has it they have a total of 18 different hair colors during the course of the season. If that's true, it must mean they make it pretty far on the show! Obviously, we're really pumped about this. If you're interested in getting excited and watching along with us, the show starts on Sunday, November 4. You should be able to easily pick out our little goth friends by their outlandish clown-like clothing and black fingernails. GO KYNT AND VYXSIN!!!!!

I'd also like to mention that fully half of my readership (Hi Granny and Papa!) are on a month-long hiatus. I'm hoping Papa hasn't smushed his new laptop like he did his first one, and that they can still get online. However, I haven't seen any travel blogs out of them, so who knows what they're up to. Last I heard, Granny had let Papa out of his cage, and back onto his leash so that he could drive their RV. I hope you're having fun, Granny and Papa!!

Health Bulletin: In a final few words, I thought I would update you all on my gimpy foot. I know you've been worried sick judging by all of the cards and flowers I've received (ok, not so much). My gimpy foot is doing much better. It did finally bruise, but the bruise is now gone. In most of my work shoes, it is quite comfy now, and I hardly notice it. My tennis shoes, however, smoosh the top of the foot and make it really uncomfortable. So I stopped wearing those. On a Weight Watchers note, I am currently down 12.6 lbs, and Clay is down over 17. YAY US!!


I feel that my blog is not overly interesting, so if you have a topic you'd like to see discussed here, chime in and I'll cover it as only I can. :-) With finesse!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Oh my, William Wallace and Geisha Girl should be something to behold. Huge congrats on the weight loss!!! Keep up the good work.
Granny and Papa probably haven't seen the emails flying about Papa being caged and on a leash, so it they read this, they'll really be wondering what has been happening to them that they missed. LOL!
Can't wait to see you this weekend.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah Lori! Sounds like you are having lots of fun & losing lots of weight. A big congrats to you both! I'm enjoying reading you recent blog updates, keep em coming! Love ya, Steph

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lori Shay said...

Hi Steph! It's good to know you're still out there reading! With you, I think I'm up to like FIVE loyal listeners!!! Woohoo!

12:57 PM  
Blogger granny said...

Hey! Lori, I know this is pretty late but I am so proud of you being so prompt with your blogging I just had to chime in on this one.
I was so glad to hear your foot is doing better. I didn't get the blogs or any of my e-mails while I was gone. Got home and had 323 e-mails to wade through. I finally got through 165 of them but have been so busy and tired that's as far as I got.
Mom called and told us about the leash deal or I would have wondered. I don't want to leave you hanging so will tell you I finally got Papa housebroke and now he is off the leash and not having to go to the doggie walks anymore. He was really easy to train and has been a good boy every since. We had a wonderful trip and wasn't really ready to come home but now we are here we are glad to be home. Now that I'm back be sure to keep the blogs coming. Thanks to Andrew for stepping in for me while I was gone and keeping you on track. Hugs to you and Clay.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home