Friday, October 12, 2007

The Big Reveal!

Ok, so it really wasn't near as big of a deal as it got turned into. I think all of my loyal readers (Hi Mom and Granny!) know by now. The "changes" that I mentioned previously was in reference to Clay and I starting Weight Watchers. I wasn't really trying to "hide" anything, so much as just wanting some time to settle in to our changes before letting people know. So, now I think we're on the right track. We're consistently losing, and we're figuring out this whole plan a bit more every week. I still wouldn't say it's "easy", but we're getting there. Our school had a fundraiser at Mr. Gatti's last night, and it really could have done us in. However, I'm proud to report, we both stayed on program!! :-) Yay me and Clay!

In unrelated news, tomorrow is the big Louisville Komen Race for the Cure. I won't so much be racing, but Clay and I are going to walk the 5K, which should be nice if it's not TOO cold. I'll be wearing sweats and a jacket, for sure!

Sadly, I think that's all the news I have for now. We had a wonderful weekend in Gatlinburg last weekend, and we're looking forward to a good weekend this weekend. Mom and Dad will be back in town, returning Cooper from their big camping excursion, and Clay and I are gearing up for Halloween. We will be attending FOUR Halloween parties this year, all exceptionally coordinated so that they are on different nights. Impressive, huh??

So, if you know of any good low-point snacky foods to take to a Halloween party, email them my way!! I read something on the WW website about sprinkling apple slices with cherry jello in order to simulate candy apples. I might actually give that one a shot.

1 Comments:

Blogger granny said...

Yes Lori, Papa and I had a wonderful weekend also. We always look forward to the Gatlinburg weekend and being with you kids and especially our babies.
We are so impressed with your Weight Watchers adventure. We were so proud of the way you both stayed on track counting points while on vacation. Even more impressed you actually lost weight while gone. Keep up the good work. I'm sorry but I can't come up with any low-point snacky foods at the moment. We have been too busy to think about food. Take care and enjoy your walk tomorrow.
Hugs

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home