Saturday, September 29, 2007

I like weekend.

It's been an awesome Saturday! Clay and I got up and did a bit of reading/net surfing. We finally got up and about and went to our local farmer's market. I like farmers market! We got an awesome breakfast. Clay had a nice quiche and I had an awesome tomato pie. (Yes, I'm still an epicurean adventurer!) You might be asking yourself...tomato pie? What's that? Well, it's a really good flaky pie crust filled with tomatoes and cheesy goodness, then topped with another good flaky pie crust. Magnificent idea, I must say. We also got squash with which to make "squish", that delectable side item that cooks the squash down with onions and a bit of butter until it is perfectly "squishy". While there, I went on and picked up a couple of nice fall mums with which to adorn our front porch, and Clay got some really nice artisan cheese with which to adorn our bellies. For those of you going to Gatlinburg, we might share!

After the farmer's market, we did our general errands (yay Target!!!) then headed home. Clay had picked up a new video game while we were out (Thanks to all of you who contributed to Clay's X-Box 360 wedding gift!), so he started geeking out on that while I snuggled back into bed to watch TV a while. I'm really not sure how long I lay there in my sleeping stupor, but by the time I woke up, Clay had already gone off on his next adventure. He met up with his friend Mike for a nice afternoon of Backgammon. Left to my own devices, I got very adventurous and...did nothing. I like nothing on Saturdays! Clay finally came home and made us a divine dinner of steak and potatoes, and I decided to finally be industrious. I started some laundry and decided to clean out the pantry. Wow...that pantry. If anyone needs any antique food cans, let me know quickly. They are piled in the garbage now.

So now I'm sitting here, quite full and happy, with a clean pantry, some mostly washed laundry, and night setting in. I think I'll plant my new mums now. And then...we still have half a weekend left!!!! I like weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger granny said...

Your account of a weekend should make anyone love weekends too. Go girl go. I must say I believe I liked the first part of your day better than the last. That sounded like a lot of "unnecessary" work to me, but sometime that is what it takes to survive. I have a lot of clean out that needs done too. Oh well so much for that. Hugs

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home