Sunday, June 26, 2011

19 Months!

Lila Jane, you are already 19 months old! I know I haven't been posting monthly updates anymore, but you are doing SO many new things lately that I thought I'd give a little update.

First, and foremost, you had a GIANT first today! You peed in your little potty for the very first time! I always have you sit on your potty for a minute before you get in the bathtub. You're quite notorious for peeing on the bathmat as soon as we get you naked and you hear the water run, so it made sense to me to have you sit on your potty then. You usually get your bath at night, but we got in late last night and skipped it, so we were getting ready for your bath this morning. As usual, I got you stripped, and got the water running, then sat you on your potty. You're quite busy, and don't like sitting for long, so you were popping up, then sitting, then trying to escape. I was getting your towel out of the closet and glanced over just as you were standing in front of the potty tinkling! I quickly pushed you down onto the seat of the potty, and you actually finished peeing there! You had a VERY confused look on your face, but I clapped and cheered, and did my very best potty dance for you! I don't know if you understood why I was going so crazy, but you sure enjoyed my little show! We even called Daddy at work to tell him your big news! I showed you your peepee in the potty, and you seemed very interested, but still not entirely certain what was going on. I know it will still be a good while before you're actually ready to potty train, but we went out and celebrated by getting you some big girl panties today. You are VERY interested in panties! You call all of the diaper covers that come with your dresses "panties", and you always want to put them on all by yourself. You were so excited about the big girl panties in Target, that you started trying to put them on while you were in the shopping cart! You managed to get both of your legs up over the push handle of the cart, and got one leg into them. I had to help with the other leg. You were so very proud. Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you, too!!!

Your other big obsession is with SHOES!! You LOVE shoes! You always want to make sure everyone around you has shoes on. Not only that, it has to be the RIGHT shoes. I'm not sure how you decide which ones are the correct ones, but you are certainly opinionated. You will take our shoes off our feet, and go to our bedroom, get another pair, and bring them to us to put on. If there are shoes laying around the living room, you'll carry them around looking for a foot to put them on. The last two mornings, I've gone into your room to get you out of your crib, and you haven't even said, "Mama!" You just look and my feet and say, "SHOES!!! Where go?" Then you start trying to peek over the end of your crib into our bedroom to see if you can find my shoes in the floor in there! You crack us up with this funny is"shoe"! You've been taking your shoes off in your car seat for a long time, but lately, you'll take off your shoes and socks, then put your shoes back on all by yourself. There are constantly stray shoes floating around in the backseat where they get tossed aside. Today you managed to take your shoes off, find another pair, and put one of those on! You are so silly, Lila Jane!

Daddy worked this weekend, and you and I had some good girl time. We walked the neighborhood in your "cah" Saturday morning. You LOVE your blue push car, and you'll sit happily honking your horn for as long as we'll push you. Later in the morning, we met Uncle D (AndDy), Cooper, and Collin at the zoo. We had a fantastic time checking out the animals, eating lunch, and playing at the splash park! This was your first time to play in the water there, and you really weren't quite sure what to think of it. You stood back and watched a lot, until I finally gave you a push in the direction of the water. You didn't seem to mind getting wet, but you didn't really rush into it again, either. Finally, you started asking "Cahcah (Collin)... Where go?" I told you that Cooper and Collin were playing in the big kid water, so off you went to find them. The boys took turns holding your hand and walking you through the spraying water. You came out looking really confused and ready to cry each time, but you never did cry! You just kept going with them when they held your hand!!! Lila Jane, I'm so proud of you for trying new things even when they seem a little scary! I also LOVED seeing you interact with your big boy cousins. The bond you guys have is so cool, and as you get older, it is getting even stronger. You LOVE Cooper and Collin!!

You took a really long nap after the zoo, then we headed to a friend's Birthday celebration at Bearno's Pizza. The food and service were awful, but you were good as gold! Even though it took FOREVER to get our food, and it was WAY past your bedtime by the time we finally got our check, paid it, and got out of there, you were still just so very pleasant. You are very busy, and walked around the table, playing with the other kids there, but you never had a meltdown.

Today after your big potty experience, we did some shopping then came home. You fell asleep in the car on the way home, so when I woke you to bring you in, you still seemed so sleepy. I really thought you'd wake right up and play for a while longer, but I asked if you wanted to go to bed, and you said yes. I rocked you for a few minutes then laid you down and went to work on some chores. I heard you cough a couple times, and I thought I heard you talking a bit, but I convinced myself I was just hearing the upstairs neighbors. Thirty minutes later, you finally started calling for me! You had never even gone back to sleep! I went in to get you, and you said, "Poop!" Once we got you a new diaper, you were ready for lunch and play! You finally went down for a late nap, and when you woke up it was time to join more friends for dinner. We're really enjoying eating at places with outdoor patios these days. You are highly entertained walking around and checking out the "wahwah" (water) features, and we don't have to worry as much about you being noisy or messy.

Lila, I am having SO much fun playing with you and watching you learn and grow. It seems like every weekend you are a whole new child these days, saying so much more, and understanding so much more of the world around you. You are constantly amazing me with the words and sentences you are saying. This week at school, I dropped in to your room in the afternoon. You ran up to me and said, "mama! fsst." Sorry Lila, no idea what "fsst" might mean. You said it again. "fsst." Nope, still no idea. "Poop."
"Lila, did you poop?"
"Noooo.....fsst" You grabbed your diaper.
"Book? Are you saying you want a book?"
"Mama! Fsst!" Grab diaper again. You're getting pretty adamant at this point.
You said, "SIT!" You tell me to sit all the time. I laughed, and sat down.
Once again, "Fsst!", grabbing your diaper. Your teacher assured me that you could NOT have pooped, because she JUST changed your diaper. I decided to check your diaper anyway because it looked a little lumpy through your clothes like there just might be something there. I unsnapped the crotch of your outfit, and your grabbed your diaper.
"Fissit!!!" The diaper was completely unvelcroed on one side, and started falling off you!
I finally got it!
"YES, Lila!!! I will FIXIT!" I have been cracking up about that!! I'd never heard you say "fix it" before, and didn't have a clue what you were trying to tell me. Hopefully next time I'll catch on a bit more quickly!!

I love you, you little nut.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

I've REALLY noticed Miss Lila's obsession with shoes. But then she comes by it honestly (ahem, Mama, Granny, Aunt Kim ... need I say more???). Last week she got in my closet and came running out with her arms flailing, yelling SHOES, SHOES, SHOES! She had found all my shoes lined up in the closet floor. Then she went back in the closet, removed her shoes and stacked them neatly on top of mine! She was so proud when she showed me what she'd done! Ahhh ... another priceless Lila memory.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home