Sunday, May 08, 2011

Derby Baby!!

Every year, our school hosts a Derby Parade through the hospital. Each class represents a different Derby event. Last year, Lila's class represented the Marathon runners. This year, they were Millionaire's Row!! You know I love a good theme, so I went all the way with it!
The teachers decorated the buggies with BIG money, and had a boombox playing in the trunk.
As you can see, Lila just hated all that attention. Bless her heart.
I had to include the picture of Lila eating her BIG money. I'm sure you can't imagine why her teachers call her Billy Goat!
Lila is showing off her "fascinator", which is pretty much a derby hat without the hat! It's just a clip! Our friend Jen from Runformyroses.com made the hat for us! I LOVE IT!!


What a Derby Diva!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

What a little Derby doll! It looks like our girl was having a happy, happy day. I love her dress and necklace. But her hat is truly OUTSTANDING.

10:20 PM  
Blogger sheila2373 said...

Loved the buggy with the perfect theme. The hat is awesome!

9:50 AM  
Blogger JennTheMermaid said...

Thanks, Mim! I made it for the little darling :) It was my first baby one! Was a pleasure!!!

XOXOXOXOX!

Jenn

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kim Dillingham said...

Lila Jane - We we expect anything less from our fashion diva!! Love her fascinator - what girl in her right mind would go to a derby party without one!! Reading your blog and seeing the pictures makes my day!!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home