Sunday, January 09, 2011

Nothing to Say

I have nothing to say about the fact that I still have THANKSGIVING pictures to blog. Or the fact that I've blogged none of Christmas. Quite honestly, I've gotten so behind that I kind of got overwhelmed and gave up for a while. Which didn't really help matters of getting behind. Vicious cycle...

Here are a few random pictures that I found on the memory card that I couldn't let go to waste. I'm not sure if I ever got pictures posted of Lila in her Thanksgiving outfit I put together for her. I made the shirt, so I have to show it off. If I already have shown it off here, then just nod your head and pretend it's all new exciting material!
Now, wasn't Thanksgiving FUN?? Moving on to Christmas festivities... I had to throw in a few "outtakes" shots from going to see Santa (aka Tan-ta or HO HO). In this picture, I think Lila was just overwhelmed and wondering what we were about to do to her. As you might recall, she had reason to be wary.
Just on the off chance that I haven't put Lila in enough stupid ridiculous clothes to embarrass her appropriately in her teenage years, I bring you THIS bear-butted beauty! (No, not BARE-butted! I would never post one of those on the blog! But if you'd like to see one, be sure to check out my Facebook feed over the last couple weeks!)
And finally, I had to post this fun holiday memory! Lila decided she really wanted to make some Christmas ornaments for some special people on her gift list this year, so I got all the supplies out and ready for her. It seemed VERY simple. All we needed was a white handprint on the bottom of an ornament. I would then craftily use markers to make each finger into a snowman. Sounds simple enough, right?
Not so much. The paint WAS confirmed to be non-toxic, but there are still splotches of it all over the high chair. I called Clay in for reinforcement because I obviously could not keep the paint out of her mouth/hair while operating the camera. By the time I swept her away to the bathtub, the paint had all dried on her. I was able to scrub/scrape it off her skin, but then it just floated in flakes in the bathtub, sticking back onto her, and the sides of the tub. I can't even tell you what a mess it was! It took well over a week for me to finally get it all off of HER, and I'm still not sure if I have it all cleaned up from the tub! So...if you happened to be one of the VERY few people who actually got one of these little "gifts of love", please consider yourself quite fortunate!! We abandoned this mission far before we were supposed to be done!

Hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful and safe new year. I can't even begin to think of all the fun and photos 2011 is going to bring us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home