Wednesday, June 09, 2010

What's New?

What's new in our worlds? It seems like there's something new every day! This pic is a week or two old, but I thought it was worthy of posting to show Lila Jane's excellent sitting skills. She's SO steady now. They don't even put a pillow behind her at school most of the time. Unless, of course, there are walkers on the loose. When the big walking kids come by, they like to cruise past LJ and topple her over to distract her while they steal her hairbows. Life is rough, I tell ya. Furthermore, I needed to show you the beautiful bonnetted baby with the brilliant blue eyes. Because I like alliteration.
Speaking of those blue eyes... Isn't it neat how they match her bath bucket? I know I've shown her bucket before, but I'm kind of amazed that at 6 1/2 months, she still fits in it beautifully. She adores bath time, and has discovered that bath toys make it even better! She and I absolutely crack up at each other when the little squeeze toys spit all over her!
Lookee what else is new! Ok, new to us. As you might know, I do take after my Granny a bit, and we do ADORE us a good yard sale. And the kind of yard sale that has vintage Polly Flinders dresses for only a DOLLAR each? OH YES, we are fans. Is there anything much sweeter than a little girls simple dress with smocking? AND GOLDFISH EMBROIDERY?? Yes, there is. It's paying ONE DOLLAR for that dress. Thankyouverymuch.
I might've even gone hog wild and bought four such vintage Polly Flinders dresses for next summer. Because they were A DOLLAR each!
Oh, and this girl? She is sporting a pony tail. Yup, all three hairs in one place with a rubber band around them. You can barely see it, but it's there, and we are PROUD. Better yet, the bow-stealers in her class haven't found it yet. So shhhh....it's our little secret.

In other "what's news", Lila Jane is starting to give up her bottles. She's only taking sippy cups at school now, and we're working toward that at home. We'd probably be completely off bottles if mom wasn't such a softie.

Oh, and in those sippy cups? Formula. And why? BECAUSE I STOPPED PUMPING!! Yes, it's true. After a long 6 months, I finally gave up the merry milker. It was a kind of tough decision because it was still going really well. But, after discussion with Clay, who pretty much supported whatever I wanted to do, I decided I was ready. I was ready to have my time and my body back. There are still some residual issues, but I'm hoping the well will be completely dry ANY MINUTE (please).

And new tricks? Lila has them!!! She now waves! She started last Thursday or Friday, and I thought it was just kind of a fluke. But NO, she's consistent, and waving at appropriate times!! Wow, I don't know why, but that one kind of snuck up on me. I didn't really expect waving with intent just yet. I told Clay it's definitely time to ramp up the sign language!

I think Lila is in a growth spurt right now. She's eating like a horse. For lunch today, she ate an entire plate of food consisting of chicken pot pie, green beans, sliced cheese, and some sort of fruit, plus her sippy cup of formula. Tonight for dinner, she had a whole jar of baby food, two chicken strips from some fajita mix, a pile of refried beans, and some chopped tomatoes. (Ok, so we found about half that chicken in her bib later, but STILL!) She still managed to polish off about 6-7 oz of formula an hour later, as well. MY GOODNESS.

I think that's all that's new around here. I keep thinking any day we'll have a new tooth report, but as it stands, we're still at two. OH, and did I remember to tell you that she's now off her lip medicine? We weaned her off it slowly, and gave her last dose on Memorial Day, I believe. We haven't seen any bounceback of the swelling! YAY.

Ok, I think that's all. For now. Until she wakes up and does something new or cute again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Oh my goodness, Lila looks just like Sunbonnet Sue in her bonnet! And I can't wait to see her in those little Polly Flinders dresses. The way she's eating right now, she may be in them THIS summer. LOL! But WAIT Baby Girl ... don't give up those bottles so easily!! You're supposed to stay a baby a LOT longer than this, even if sippy cups ARE a lot easier to wash than bottles. We really do like having babies around you know.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bonnet! Lila looks so cute. Nothing cuter than a little girl in a bonnet. They were one of my favorite things when my girls were little. Bobbie

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home