Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Me!

These pictures are NOT me.





I'm sure my dad would NOT be so mean as to take pictures of me while I was still under the influence of a sedative. And, since I honestly have NO recollection of these pictures being taken, then they simply do not exist. But, if they did exist, I'd have to say they were pretty darn funny.

I survived the FOUR MAJOR SURGERIES to different parts of my body. Numbers one through three were not so bad, but that fourth surgery, WOW. The doctor promised me I wouldn't remember any of it, but he LIED. Apparently that last tooth just wouldn't come. I was literally crawling up the dentist chair, holding onto the armrests with white knuckles, in an absolute panic attack. The nurse kept telling me to breathe through my nose, and I was just shocked I was breathing at all. It got ugly up in there. I'm hoping Jesus puts a little forgiveness in my heart before I have to go back on Friday to get the stitches out. Ya'll be praying for that man.

Once I got out of that office, those happy pills kicked right in. I came home, had a good cry, then passed out cold. I only remember bits and pieces of the rest of the day Friday, but I do know that my momma came and made me some potato soup. Apparently Dad came, too, but surely he did NOT take pictures of me in my compromised state, so I won't mention that.

Saturday morning I got up and very ambitiously decided I was all better! I HAD to make it to Cooper's soccer game. I mean, you only have your very first soccer game ONCE. He rocked it out. That kid can run. And kick. He didn't necessarily know which direction to kick the ball, but he was excited about it. Luckily, photographer dad was again on the scene:

He looks like a pro!!!

Anyway, after that exciting game where I maybe overdid it just a wee bit, I slept most of the rest of the day. I rejoined the land of the living yesterday and made it out of the house TWICE. Mushy biscuits and gravy from DQ for breakfast AND mushy fish and mashed potatoes for dinner. I had lost four pounds from this whole ordeal, but I might have refound one or two yesterday with those meals. There's no great peril of me wasting away to nothing just yet.

I'm off to work. I'll have to make it all day with NO nap. We'll see how that goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Mills said...

Me and you should sit and eat soup together! I just had surgery on Monday. We would have had a blast while on our meds!
I hope you are feeling better soon!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

My deast Lori, I am so sorry you had such a hard time. Papa & I can both sympathize. You re right this is not my Lori. I sure miss that sweet smile. Please do not ask me to pray fora Dr. that treated my baby so bad. He would not like the sentence I might ask for. It's ok to tell him what you think of him, go for it girl. We love you and Clay. Catch you on the next blog if I cn find time. Hugs Grany & Papa P.S. I think Cooper really is a pro. I heard he made a goal last game. I sure would like to see him play but Pops pictures are the next best thing.grannyd10@bellsouth.ne

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home