Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Doldrums

I'm cold. I have been for a couple weeks now. I'm kinda over it. Spring, if you are reading, please show yourself.

I haven't blogged much lately because there is blissfully nothing going on. Who wants to get out and do anything in the cold? We do try to get out and about on the weekends and take care of necessities. We have some minor plans with friends for this weekend. But really, isn't it delightful to just stay home with a blanket and a warm homemade meal?

And speaking of meals, Clay has been making some really good ones lately. We're still sticking to our Weight Watchers, but it's kind of been one step forward and two steps back lately. We're holding our own, but progress is slow. It's not as if I'm going to get motivated to walk in the snow or anything, and who wants a bunch of salad in January??

The one place we are making progress is on our "Carrie Beth Finance Action Plan". It's funny how if you don't spend money, it stays right there in your account. I guess I always assumed it was a "use it or lose it" kind of thing, but apparently I have rollover dollars! Sweet!

We are making progress on our upstairs apartment as well. I'll try to post some pictures of it, soon. We've had the whole place painted, and we're doing some remodel work to the bathroom so that we can get it rented out again. That will also help the "Carrie Beth Finance Action Plan".

Happy January, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Wow! I knew Carrie was GOOD, but I did underestimate her. I really didn't think she would ever be able to convince you to try a "budget". That word may have more than 4 letters but it still qualified as a dirty word in your vocabulary. LOL! Good job! I can't wait to see pics of your apt. when you get finished. And don't get discouraged on the weight loss. It didn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight. And this is a voice of experience talking!
Hugs
Mom

5:41 PM  
Blogger granny said...

Gee it so good to hear from you again. I talked to Stephanie the other day and told her I knew it was a lot of trouble but it sure makes two old people happy to read those blogs. Yes I agree it is cold and I too will be glad to see spring arrive. We can sympathize on the remodeling. We are having to rework a rental house and it is a job. Papa is finally letting someone else do most of the work. Aren't you proud of him? Like Mim said, don't get discouraged on the weight deal. We are so proud of your accomplishments so far,(when I say you I mean you and Clay). Just hang in there and you will be really proud before long too. The budget deal I don't know much about as I have never been one to try that route. I know we would be a lot better off if we had. Hope to see you soon and keep blogging. Hugs to both.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home