Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Cup

At around 6 months, we started working with Lila on taking the sippy cup. I bought a couple different varieties, and we started letting her try them out. We had limited success with her drinking from them, but pretty much NO success with her holding any of them. We tried short, tall, spout, straw, handles, grips, fast-flow, slow-flow, and pretty much every other type cup on the market. Some she would drink from, other she wouldn't.

But as of this week, I can officially say we've found success.

And I think she's pretty proud of herself about it.
Almost gone! Drink up, chickadee!

So end score:
THE LOSERS
The WINNERS! The winners ended up being the cups with a soft straw. The orange one shown below is the big winner because it has handles, and is short enough to leave on her high chair tray and let her manipulate. The red one is a close runner up with the same straw mechanism, but it's a bit too tall for her to hold herself.
In other news, look at my new hobby!! I've started trying to pick up bows here and there for Lila, and those suckers are EXPENSIVE! They often run from $5-8 and up! Mom and I kept looking at them in stores and saying, "surely we can do that!!" So I took one apart, and sure enough! Easy peasy! They take a few minutes to do, and I'm still perfecting the art, but I thought I came up with some pretty cute ones for first tries!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Nothing like having a picky Petunia, huh! But if that's her worst problem so far, Lila is most welcome to be as picky as she pleases about her sippy cups. And your bows look FABULOUS! Cute, cute!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Lori...Lila is just adorable! I loved your sippy cup story, and got a chuckle out of the pic of the "losers"! Too funny!!! The bow situation, I can relate to! They are SO EXPENSIVE!!! Mary Lou had that same thought a few years back, took a couple apart and decided she could make them for way less than what we were paying, so she's been making ours ever since. We get cute bows to match all our outfits! She's done shoes too...get cheap canvas ones, put some gems on the toes, cute ribbons in the laces, and you have some very expensive shoes for just a few $$. Hope that you all are doing well! Have a great weekend!!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home