Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Happy Spring, Happy House!

As I mentioned to all of you generous Birthday Benefactors out there, I decided to spend all of my Birthday money on landscaping this year. I did it! Oh, and Clay helped. A lot.
One bed, containing three hostas, a porcupine grass, and three bags of mulch:


Of course I had to have Gerbera Daisies! They're "my flower".


Our herb garden containing Lime Mint, Cinnamon Basil, Rosemary, Parsley, and (my favorite) Cilantro:


A newly planted baby hosta, AND the cool new shoes CB got me for my Birthday! (I'm NOT modeling the cute socks that Cooper picked out to match, as they are not so dirt-friendly.)


The new plants don't actually show up that well from the street just yet, but they will grow strong and mighty and beautiful! (If we don't manage to kill them first.)


A new baby porcupine grass. It will grow rapidly to 6-8 feet tall! (in theory.)


The other side bed:


I'm not sure what kind of hair got up Clay's butt, but he got up bright and early this weekend, and headed straight out for the yard. It somehow managed to motivate me, and before we knew it, we were knee deep in plants and mulch. It's a good birthday present, I must say, and it was even better that it was in the 60's all day, so we never even really got hot. That's MY kind of yard work. I did break a couple nails in the process, but I guess that's the price we must pay for a pretty yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mim said...

Oh my GOSH!!! YOU'RE doing yard work???? I knew I liked Clay ... he works miracles. LOL! I can't believe you've become so domesticated so quickly ... but I'm very proud of you. Your yard is looking great. And you're right, those plants will grow quickly and it will look even better very soon. We have planted some of the same herbs you have. I'm anxious to start trying them out in summer recipes. Congrats on all your hard work. You "done good" guys!
Hugs,
Mom

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Hmmm ... I guess I'd better clarify the "we have planted" to "Pop has planted" in my last post. I fear you came by your gardening aversion honestly. You got it from ME.
hehehe

11:19 PM  
Blogger granny said...

Lori! What an impressive blog. Your place is looking so springy and nice. I am so impressed with you and Clay. When you finish you need to come do my yard. It looks like a wilderness and company is coming from Mich. and we don't have the get up and go to do anythng about it. Oh well they will have to come back another time when we get things done up. If you need any more Hosta get some here while you are home. I have it and Monkey Grass running out my ears. I believe my Gerbera Daisy has yours beat. It is pretty big and has 3 or 4 blooms on it. Keep us posted on the progress of the new plants and I thought your new Crocks and sox were very pretty too. Have a good weekend. Hugs Granny

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home